THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 2 August 2012

The Bodyguard, 1992

THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION!!!
Debbie Reynolds-- Kevin Costner



Director: Mick jackson

Stars: Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston, Gary Kemp, Ralph Waite, Debbie Reynolds










This is one of those movies (like The Fugitive and Independence Day) that I can't stop watching whenever it's on tv and I am bored and channel-surfing.  This almost never happens, but still!

Former secret service agent Frank Farmer (Costner) gets a new job: he becomes a diva's bodyguard.  Rachel (Houston) has been receiving death threats and crazy letters, and although she knows she needs a bodyguard, she and frank clash instantly.  Rachel is used to having things her way, but Frank insists on certain precautions being taken.  After more attempts are made on her life, she begins to trust Frank, and do what he says.

I really enjoy watching this one.  But I can't say I like the end.  SPOILER!  Why couldn't they just end up together?  Not entirely happy....

No comments:

Post a Comment