THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 24 July 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, 2010


Director: Michael Apted
Stars: Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, Ben Barnes, Will Poulter










If you don't mind it when Hollywood takes beloved children's stories and brings them to life completely incorrectly, with no real care for the story or the purpose of certain things, basically changing EVERYTHING, then by all mean, do watch this.

I never will again. I recommend the older BBC version of the Chronicles of Narnia, made in 1989. They are not as grand, and have silly acting at times, but they are true to the story. They must have done something crazy like actually read the books!!!! (A couple can be found on Netflix, but otherwise I don't know!)

I also recommend Focus on the Family's Radio Theater's presentation of the Chronicles of Narnia. Not all of the Chronicles have been made into movies, but Radio Theater did all of them, so it's really enjoyable and a complete story.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just scrolling back through your blog to get ideas for my lovefilm (the UK version of netflix) queue... Just watched this yesterday, horrendous! This is the review I posted for it: An absolute horrendous hijacking of this classic story. The only resemblance it plays to Lewis' work are the title and the names of the characters. Manages to ruin not only the overall story but pretty much every minor detail as well. Huge disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATED HATED HATED HATED HATED it.

    ReplyDelete