THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Please Don't Eat the Daisies, 1960



Director: Charles Walters
Stars: Doris Day, David Niven, Richard Haydn









This was just like a classic Disney movie from the 50's and 60's! Except it wasn't Disney. And it wasn't about teenagers or kids. And I doubt it's a "classic", even if it does have Doris Day, because I had never heard of it til Netflix suggested it to me. But it did have a dog, AND a house to fix up....

This is a story of a marriage and how a new job for Larry (Niven) changes his relationship with his wife Kate (Day). Larry becomes a theater critic, and suddenly life is full of busy-ness for Kate and Larry and their 4 sons. Larry's job becomes a huge distraction as his whole character seems to change, and Kate suspects that he gives bad reviews just for the attention it will bring.

It wasn't bad, just not amazing. And it had nothing to do with eating daisies. It was a song in the movie, and one of the boys ate some daisies, but otherwise, no daisies. So the title is silly.

2 comments:

  1. please, please don't eat the daisies, don't eat the daisies please, please!

    This is one I have seen! I don't remember much about it besides the basic storyline, the song (which is terrible for getting stuck in my head) and Doris Day (I love her).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely gets stuck in my head too!

    ReplyDelete