THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Charade, 1963


Director: Stanley Donen
Stars: Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Walter Matthau










"One of these days you could wake up dead, Mrs. Lambert...."


I love this comedy! Murder, spies, romance, suspense, missing money! Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn! What else could you want?

Charles Lampert is murdered, leaving behind a widow, Reggie (Hepburn), confused and homeless. Having planned on divorcing him, Reggie isn't heartbroken, just confused, especially when a CIA agent contacts her, and tells her that her husband was wanted by the US government for stealing $250,000, and that his real name wasn't Lampert. He tells her to look for the money, and the search produces nothing, which doesn't help Reggie because she soon finds out it's not only the CIA who are after the money! And Peter isn't who he seems to be!

Okay, that is the best I can do for a short synopsis without copying someone else's. Basically it's brilliant, and I recommend it without reservations! Watch it! If you are a fan of Audrey Hepburn, it is a must see. Ditto Cary Grant. Ditto classic films.

I hate the word "ditto". I really do!

1 comment:

  1. ...I'm reading lots of the reviews I hadn't gotten to before--and I'm loving all of 'em! Can't wait to watch something WITH you though, soon!

    ReplyDelete