THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Friday 29 July 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger, 2011


Director: Joe Johnston
Stars: Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving, Hayley Atwell, Stanley Tucci









I really like what they're doing, making a bunch of movies about superheroes that are separate in themselves, and then at the end of each one, they bring them together as one: the Avengers! At the end of Captain America, after the credits, is a preview for the Avengers, coming out in May 2012. Though superhero movies can be depressing, I am looking forward to this.

It's 1941, and Steve Rogers (Evans) is a short, weak, asthmatic kid from Brooklyn who wants to join the U.S. army, but is rejected multiple times. Then he meets Zola (Tucci), a German doctor who developed a super drug-injection thingy that would basically make you better in every way. He sees the greatness in Rogers, and gives him the injections. Now Rogers is a tall, muscular super-man, and he's ready to fight the Nazis.

Lots of explosions. Lots of action. Lots of army green.

This one was good, and I really enjoyed it, though I can't say I was crazy about the ending. You'll see.

NOTE: Chris Evans also played "The Human Torch" in The Fantastic Four. I guess he likes to be a superhero!

No comments:

Post a Comment