THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Friday 15 July 2011

That Thing You Do! 1996




Director: Tom Hanks
Stars: Tom Everett Scott, Liv Tyler, Tom Hanks, Steve Zhan, Ethan Embry, Charlize Theron







The story of the one-hit wonder: The Wonders!

Actually, this is not the first time I have seen this one. I really like this movie! So funny, so cute, great music, crazy clothes, a handsome drummer....what more could you want? It's the story of the rise and fall of The Wonders in the early 60's. They become famous with their hit "That Thing You Do", and then quickly fall apart.

It's great! I promise, it's worth the watch! Totally fun! But I haven't seen it for 5 years or so, and I thought, until I just looked it up, that it had been a real story from the 60's. Like "fictionized" non-fiction, you know? But apparently not. I can't figure out if The Wonders ever really did exist, but I did figure out that the song was written for the movie! Wow! Didn't see that one coming. I feel fooled. Of course I never cared to look it up before, so I'm not that dumb, right?

The word "Gullible" slows up after the end credits of this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment