THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Friday 7 October 2011

She Done Him Wrong, 1933


Director: Lowell Sherman
Stars: Mae West, Cary Grant









Unfortunately, I started this one, and since it is only an hour long, I feel like I really should finish it. I wish I hadn't started it. It was Cary Grant's first major role, and I adore Grant. So that is kind of why I am watching it. I am also going insane, because it is the dumbest movie I have ever seen.

Actually, I think I would like it, or at least not hate every second, if the star wasn't Mae West. For me, movies that could otherwise be wonderful become completely awful and painful to watch when a star annoys me. And Mae West is one of those people. Or, at the very least, her character is. This character she plays is a very manly woman, and everybody loves her. And I don't get it. Her voice, the way she walks, her accent, her clothes. She's a total whore, too, but I wouldn't mind that if she was actually beautiful and didn't act so manly. I really can't stand her.

When will it end???

This is one of those times where I'm hoping the two leads do NOT end up together in the end!!


No comments:

Post a Comment