THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 20 October 2011

Unforgettable, tv series, 2011-


I am currently out of commission with back trouble. I literally can't walk or stand for more than a few minutes at a time without lots of pain and discomfort. So, movies and television (and knitting!) are my friends right now.

1. Unforgettable

I just discovered this fantastic police drama Unforgettable! (Of course, it is brand new anyway, so there weren't a whole lot to discover.) The main character is a detective (played by Poppy Montgomery) who remembers absolutely everything. You can pick any day of her life and she can tell you what happened, where she was, who she was with, what was said, what people were wearing, etc. It's kind of cool! It's like a cross between Castle and Monk.

To make things interesting, she works with another detective, Al Burns (played by Dylan Walsh), with whom she had a past relationship. But now he's in a relationship, so there's a bit of drama, and of course, viewers are wondering how he's going to break up with his current girlfriend and get back with Carrie Wells (that's the main character). Well, I'm wondering.

I'm slightly annoyed with Poppy Montgomery's slightly Australian accent. I mean, I love accents, and it's not exactly annoying! I just mean, it is SOOOOOO obvious she is Australian so I think the writers should write something in, like that her father was from Australia, or that she spent a lot of time there when she was younger. Otherwise, she needs to try a lot harder on her American accent! Sorry.

It's Tuesday nights at 10pm on CBS. And you can full episodes on CBS.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment