THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Monday 17 October 2011

The Thin Man, 1934






Director: W.S. Van Dyke
Stars: William Powell, Myrna Loy





Oops, I lied before! It was an accident. I thought Nick and Nora Charles were a creation of Agatha Christie's, but actually they are characters Dashiell Hammett created! And The Thin Man is based on the novel by Hammett.

When a young girl tells Nick Charles her father, Nick's old friend, is missing, Nick and his wife Nora take the case. Well, they eventually find out the guy was murdered, and then Nick solves the mystery. I guess the summary sounds a bit weird, but it was very enjoyable! Nick and Nora have lots of great lines and witty dialogue! They are hilarious!

NOTE: Wow! According to Wikipedia, The Thin Man was shot in 12 days! I doubt that would even be possible in this century!!





No comments:

Post a Comment