THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Broadcast News, 1987


Director: James L. Brooks
Stars: Holly Hunter, William Hurt, Albert Brooks, Joan Cusack









How do I say this? This was the dumbest movie ever!!! What was Netflix thinking, recommending this one to me?????????????????????

Jane (Hunter) is an obsessive news producer, whose best friend Aaron (Brooks), a reporter, is in love with her. And then new anchorman Tom (Hurt) shows up on the scene, and Jane finds that she likes him a lot, though she has no respect for him as an anchorman, since by his own admission, he knows nothing about the news he's talking about. He's just the attractive face of the news, and knows it.

It's advertised as a love triangle; Aaron likes Jane, who likes Tom. Well, whatever, I just found it to be stupid, and I don't mind telling you, she ends up single in the end!! Both guys go and find other women, and honestly, they're better off, because I ended up hating her, she was such an idiot. I would have married Aaron in a moment. He's such a great guy!

So, yeah, DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment