THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

I'll Be Seeing You, 1944


Director: William Dieterle
Stars: Ginger Rogers, Joseph Cotten, Shirley Temple










Mary Marshall (Rogers) is given special leave from a women's prison to visit her relatives for the holidays, and on the train she meets Zach Morgan (Cotten), a troubled soldier on leave from a vet hospital. They hit it off, and Zach ends up spending Christmas with the Marshalls. As he and Mary spend more time together, they both struggle with their own secrets. She can't tell him she's on leave from prison, and he doesn't think she could handle his troubles of PTSD.

This is one of those holiday war movies. I liked it. Next Christmas, I will have to add it to my Christmas movie list. Along with Since You Went Away, which also stars Cotten and Temple. I'm seeing a pattern here!

I always like to see stars in movies where they are doing something different than what they usually do in movies. And that is a very long way of saying this isn't a musical, and Ginger Rogers doesn't dance! Well, actually there is a dance scene, but it's only because they're at a party, and there's no focus on Ginger. I like that- way to go, Ginger, expanding your horizons!

Not that I don't love to see Ginger dancing! I love Fred and Ginger! I need to get Shall We Dance soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment