THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 21 August 2011

Change of Habit, 1969


Director: William A. Graham
Stars: Elvis Presley, Mary Tyler Moore










Thank God for Family Video. Well, I mean, Netflix has more movies, I guess, and Redbox is pretty much awesome with its $1 new releases. But Family Video is where I found this one- so it will always be special to my heart.

Dr. John Carpenter (Elvis) runs a free clinic in the city, and is in over his head with work, so the local church sends 3 nuns to helps him out. Sister Michelle (Moore) catches his eye, and as they work together at the clinic, they start to fall in love. But she's a nun, so she has some decisions to make.

I love this movie, because it's sweet, and also because it deals with religion and faith in Catholicism, and I guess I like the way it's done.

NOTE: This was Elvis Presley's last film. I also like it because it has the least amount of cheesy music in it. In the beginning Elvis is jamming with some people, and then there's a song in the middle, but not a musical sequence, and then there's one at the end. Really! Elvis wanted to be a more serious actor, and this was a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment