THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 18 August 2011

Live A Little, Love A Little, 1968




Director: Norman Taurog
Stars: Elvis Presley, Michele Carey, Dick Sargent








This is a weird one. This strange woman, Bernice (Carey), meets Greg (Elvis), decides she wants him, and proceeds to be crazy and make his life hell. She tricks him into spending the night, causes him to lose his job, moves him out of his apartment and into a new house, and, in general, IS CRAZY! It's a little like Breakfast At Tiffany's, but without the lovable Audrey Hepburn.

No, really, I watch it because it is rather amusing, the way Greg actually likes Bernice.

No, that's not true. It's completely unbelievable to me that Bernice and her behavior would be attractive to anyone.

I watch it because it's ELVIS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's a funny review--I don't know that I'll watch the movie, but I enjoyed your comments. And I will suggest a movie for you: The Private Eyes! Tim Conway and Don Knotts. It's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added it to my Netflix queue! :) can't wait!

    ReplyDelete