THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Saturday 13 August 2011

The Goonies, 1985


Director: Richard Donner
Stars: Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Jeff Cohen, Ke Huy Quan, Martha Plimpton









The classic treasure-hunting adventure story!

A group of kids (known as "the Goonies") find a treasure map in an attic, and decide to follow it and see if the local legend is true- that pirate One-Eyed Willy really did leave behind a ship and treasure in a cave. Unfortunately, as they follow the map, it leads them to an abandoned restaurant where a family of criminals, the Fratellis, are hiding a dead body. As witnesses to this crime, the kids flee the Fratellis underground, following the map, as it leads them to a spectacular surprise!

It's absolutely wonderful! This isn't a kid's movie; it's definitely scarier than a kid's movie, and there's swearing too- not too much at all, I just thought I'd mention it. I love the kids' acting and the way they work together. It's very different, and refreshing. Their acting seems to make it more real. I just love it!

Since I have seen this movie at least 20 times, I decided this time I would watch it with commentary, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they actually filmed the actors talking, and frequently showed them talking and interacting, rather than just showing the movie and their voices. And it was the WHOLE cast!! All the kids (except it was 20 years later)
and the director! How often does that happen? That was cool.

(I don't know why this photo says "Bagou" over Mouth, and "Choco" over Chunk. What the heck?

No comments:

Post a Comment