THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 22 April 2012

Rear Window, 1954




Director: ALFRED HITCHCOCK


Stars: James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Thelma Ritter, Raymond Burr






One of the best!

Photographer Jeff (Stewart) broke his leg on an assignment, and cannot leave his apartment.  So, he sits   in his wheelchair and watches all of his neighbors across the building's courtyard.  His fiancee Lisa (Kelly) joins him, and they witness something in Mr. Thorwald's apartment that strikes them as suspicious.  Together, they investigate, and stumble across the shocking truth!

It's wonderful!  Really!  It does go slowly, but I love it!  I am always on the edge of my seat.  Hitch truly is the Master of Suspense!

CAMEO: Hitch appears winding the clock in the songwriter's apartment, about 25 minutes in.

NOTE: I've watched the extras on the DVD, and it's really neat to hear about how it was filmed.  The set was 4 or 5 stories high and all constructed on a stage because they had to be able to control everything.  I love watching the extras on movies, and this one has plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment