THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 1 April 2012

April: A month of Hitchcock



This is NOT an April Fool. The only reviews of the month of April will be Hitchcock films! (Except for the ones on Thursday, of course, which will be the Thursday movie connections.)


Sir Alfred Joseph Hitchcock was born on August 13, 1899, in Leytonstone, London, England. In his film-making career, spanning six decades, he directed over 50 films. From "No. 13" in 1922 to "Family Plot" in 1976. Hitch changed the way movies were made and stories were told. He is referred to as "The Master of Suspense".

Among other things, he is noted for making a cameo appearance in each of his films. And as I review them, I'll mention each cameo, so you won't have to search if you're a new fan.

Hitch died on April 29, 1980, at the age of 80. So, that's why April is dedicated to his films. Plus, I just don't like any other director like I like Hitch. I don't like horror films (I've never seen Psycho, and probably never will- and I had to stop watching Frenzy because it was just too awful), but suspense, and action, and romance- I love. Hitch directed most of my favorite movies!

Get ready for a month of suspense, romance, adventure, wrongful accusations of guilt, shocking discoveries, and wonderful, exciting endings on great National monuments and statues, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment