THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Saturday 7 April 2012

Rebecca, 1940



Director: ALFRED HITCHCOCK


Stars: Laurence Olivier, Joan Fontaine, Judith Anderson






A young woman marries an older man, Mr. de Winter, and goes to lives with him in his large estate called Manderly. The new Mrs. de Winter must get used to this whole new life, getting to know his staff and what her place is at Manderly. The housekeeper, Mrs. Danvers doesn't make it easy, with her obvious obsession for the previous Mrs. de Winter, an apparently wonderful young woman named Rebecca, who died some years before. The new Mrs. de Witner fears that her husband will always love Rebecca, and that she will always be a wall between them. But things are not as they seem, as she soon discovers when Rebecca's sunken sail boat is found in the bay.

I like the movie, and the unexpected twist. I've actually seen it before, and I had forgotten the end, so it really WAS unexpected. What I hate is how nervous and scared Mrs. de Winter is of everything. Why is she so afraid of the stupidest things. Just speak up!!!!!!!!!! It drove me crazy.

CAMEO: actually, I don't know. Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment