THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Friday 11 May 2012

The Hunger Games, 2012






Director: Gary Ross


Stars: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Stanley Tucci








Each year, one boy and one girl are chosen by lottery from each of the 12 Districts to go to the Capitol and fight to the death in "The Hunger Games".  The games are filmed live and every person in each district is forced to watch them, a way for the Capitol to remind the Districts of who's in control.

When her younger sister is chosen to go, Katniss (Lawrence) steps in to take her place.  She and the boy chosen from her district, Peeta (Hutcherson), she heads to the Capitol to fight in the games.  But things don't always go according to the Capitol's plans.

I would highly recommend reading the book first.  And just know that the book and movie match up very well together!  I was impressed.  The entire time in the movie, I was on the edge of my seat, riveted by what was happening.  And the book was similar, of course.  I sometimes get into the popular novels that everyone is reading, and this is no exception.  But as I got into the 2nd and 3rd books, I found them to be very depressing.  Revolution is not the most fun topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment