THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 10 May 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding, 1997

THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION!!!
Rupert Everett--Julia Roberts



Director: P.J. Hogan

Stars: Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney, Rupert Everett, Cameron Diaz




It's almost Julianne's (Roberts) birthday, and she remembers that she and her best friend Michael (Mulroney) once promised each other that if they weren't married by the time they were 30, they'd marry each other.  When he calls her that night, he tells her he's getting married to Kimberly (Diaz), and she suddenly realizes she loves him and wants him for herself.

It's only days before the wedding, and Julianne must act quickly if she wants Michael for herself.  She has her gay friend George (Everett) to pretend he's her boyfriend, just to make Michael jealous.  That makes for some funny stuff.  

I remember watching this one a lot when it was new.  I haven't seen it in years, so maybe it's not exactly what I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment