THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 15 September 2011

The Secret of Moonacre, 2008




Director: Gabor Csupo
Stars: Dakota Blue Richards, Ioan Gruffudd, Tim Curry, Natascha McElhone, Augustus Prew, Juliet Stevenson







A magical adventure!

I have to say, I like fantasy adventure films and books. I don't read or watch too many of them, but I am a nerd. There was a time when I could quote Star Wars. All 3 movies-- the originals, of course! I like to pretend episodes 1, 2, and 3 don't exist, they were so awful.

Anyway, I like fantasy stuff! And this wasn't too bad. A young girl discovers an old family feud and a magical land on her uncle's estate. I didn't really understand how there could be a magical land when it was clear that she was English. Why does no one make a big deal in books and movies about discovering magical lands in their towns, homes, or even wardrobes? Personally, I think this would be a big deal.

Anyway, Maria (Richards) inherits a book from her deceased father, which tells the story of an ancient feud between her family, the Merryweathers, and the De Noirs. And if it isn't settled before the rising of the 5000th moon (from the time it began), which happens to be in about 2 days time, the whole valley, including both families will be destroyed.

I thought it was ok for a fantasy, cute enough story-- we're not talking as good as Stardust, but it is kind of similar.

NOTE: I thought Robin (Prew) was kinda dreamy, and after looking him up on Imdb, I realized I was right! He looks even better with short hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment