THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 22 September 2011

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 1969




Director: George Roy Hill
Stars: Paul Newman, Robert Redford









"Kid, who's the best lawman?"
"Best?.... You mean the toughest, or easiest to bribe?"


Bank robbers Butch (Newman) and Sundance (Redford) lead the famed bank-robbing "Hole in the Wall" gang, that is until some pretty big hot shots decide to put a price on their heads. So, they head to Bolivia, for a change of scenery (to prolong their lives), and continue their lovely lifestyle down there. Until the law catches up with them again.

This is a classic. Absolutely hilarious, and beautiful. Very interesting ending. I love it and hate it. The end, I mean. I really like the movie; it's very worth the 2 hours!! I promise! (I've seen it twice!) And did I mention Paul Newman and Robert Redford are in it?? Dreamy!!

NOTE: William Goldman wrote the screenplay; he's also the writer of The Princess Bride (the novel and the screenplay), The Ghost and the Darkness, and Maverick, among many others. Thanks, Mr. Goldman-- I'm a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment