THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Cars 2, 2011





Director: John Lasseter, Brad Lewis
Stars: Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Michael Caine, Eddie Izzard, Bruce Campbell






I loved Cars so much! It was basically the story of Doc Hollywood (starring Michael J. Fox-- there's another movie I need to review) except with cars instead of people- and with an absolutely wonderful soundtrack! That soundtrack was half the charm, I swear.

Cars 2 is about the friendship between Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) and Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson). When they all head to Asia and Europe for the World Grand Prix, Mater accidentally stumbles into an international espionage mission, involving the new fuel all the racers are using, which was created by Sir Miles Axelrod (Eddie Izzard), and a plot to destroy Lightning McQueen!

In this one, I was more interested and amused in recognizing and enjoying the voices of the actors. I had no idea that Michael Caine voiced the main spy car (until I heard him utter one word, of course); and when I heard a few insults coming from one of the good spies while he was basically being tortured, I instantly recognized Bruce Campbell! But the best moment was when I realized that Eddie Izzard was the voice of Sir Axelrod! I just love that.

Don't get me wrong- it was totally entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment