THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Accidental Husband, 2008





Director: Griffin Dunne
Stars: Uma Thurman, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Colin Firth, Sam Shepard






Dr. Emily Lloyd (Thurman) is a radio talk show host, and her specialty is love and relationships. When she gives advice to a young woman about her upcoming wedding, the woman ends up calling it off, which changes her fiance, Patrick's (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), life forever. Heartbroken, Patrick swears that he will have revenge on Lloyd, and soon gets his chance, when his young hacker friend hacks into public records. They change Emily's marital status, so suddenly it appears that she is married to Patrick.

Emily only becomes aware of this when she applies for a marriage license with her fiance Richard (Firth). Horrified, she sets off to meet this stranger who is apparently her husband. What follows is a mix of mistaken identity and situations where it looks like Patrick really is Emily's husband.

I think I would have liked it better if it hadn't been Uma Thurman. I don't like her. The only scene I really liked her in was the very last one, in which she is pregnant. Of course, I won't tell you who the father is so I didn't spoil it too much. Oh, whatever, you know who she ends up with anyway.

Speaking of that, holy cow, Jeffrey Dean Morgan has this ruggedly handsome--- something-ness that makes me swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment