THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

The World's Fastest Indian, 2005





Director: Roger Donaldson
Stars: Anthony Hopkins, Aaron Murphey






Burt Munro (Hopkins) has been restoring his 1920's Indian motorcycle, in order to race it during Speed Week in 1967 at the salt flats in Utah. It's the story of his journey from Inver Cargill, New Zealand, to the salt flats.

It's an absolutely wonderful film, and I don't want to give anything away! Watch it! I actually cheered when he passed though motorcyclists in the first race in the beginning. It had only been 20 minutes, but his character is so lovable, I couldn't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment