THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Saturday 19 November 2011

The Fugitive, 1993




Director: Andrew Davis
Stars: Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, Sela Ward






Dr. Richard Kimble (Ford) comes home to find his wife (Ward) murdered, and fights off an intruder in his house. But no one believes him about the intruder and he gets sent to prison for her murder.

While being transferred to another prison, another prisoner tries to escape, causing the bus to go off the road and onto a train track, where it gets hit by a train. (What are the chances?) Anyway, the Federal Marshals arrive (including Jones) and the manhunt begins. They are to search every "warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, doghouse, and outhouse" until their fugitive is found!

But Kimble puzzles them all by heading right back into Chicago, rather than escaping, and investigating his wife's murder himself, since no one else believes him.

I am weird about this movie. It's not like I love it, I just can never look away from it. I think yesterday was the first time I had ever watched it from the beginning. Usually I come across accidentally on tv, and then I just have to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment