THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Friday 30 December 2011

The Muppets, 2011



Director: James Bobin
Stars: Amy Adams, Jason Segal, Chris Cooper, Peter Linz, Steve Whitmire, David Goelz, Eric Jacobson, Bill Barretta







Is it crazy that I did not expect this to be a musical? I guess it is! But when they started singing, I was honestly surprised.

It's very funny, and very amusing. The story is that they need to get The Muppets back together and put on a special of The Muppet Show in the old Muppet theater, or they will lose the theater forever to an evil oil tycoon!

They also make fun of Hollywood and silly movies, "travelling by map", at one point when they all have to travel to Paris to find Miss Piggy. Or suggesting they do a "montage" to save time when finding all the Muppets.

And, as in all Muppet movies, there are quite a few cameo appearances, including Mickey Rooney! Very good stuff!

I love Kermit!

No comments:

Post a Comment