THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 15 December 2011

Three Wishes for Cinderella, 1973






Director: Vaclav Vorlicek
Stars: Libuse Safrakova, Pavel Travnicek, Carola Braunbock






This is a classic Czech film. A friend from Norway told me about it last year, and I only now remembered it and finally looked it up.

It is a Cinderella story (but not the usual one) which takes place during winter, but according to my friend, it is a Christmas classic. I liked it. The version I watched was spoken in Czech but narrated in English, which I thought was a nice touch. You could still hear the actors speaking, and there were a few subtitles.

It's extremely cheesy and had a low budget. And I keep thinking everyone must be freezing to death. But it was cute! I'd definitely watch it again and let it become one of my Christmas regulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment