THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 8 March 2012

Far and Away, 1992


THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION!!!
Colm Meaney- Tom Cruise



Director: Ron Howard

Stars: Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Colm Meaney, Thomas Gibson, Barbara Babcock








After his father dies and his home burns to the ground, Joseph (Cruise) leaves Ireland when he hears of the land in America that's being given away by the government. His landlord's feisty daughter Shannon (Kidman) has decided to run away from home, and she finances their trip, in exchange for his help getting there.

When they arrive, circumstances don't allow her to go on right away, so they get a room together pretending to be brother and sister, and work and save to get there. Joseph boxes and works at the factory with Shannon. His talent in the ring makes him forget his humble beginnings, and gets them both in trouble.

I don't want to give anything away! I'm sorry, but I LOVE this movie!!!!! It may be cheesy, but it's still great!

I especially love the music. It always gets stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment