THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Friday 22 April 2011

Indiscreet, 1958

Director: Stanley Donen
Stars: Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman











I have to be careful not to give spoilers on this one! I loved it!

At first, I was a little disgusted. Anna (Bergman) and Phillip (Grant) meet, there's instant attraction, when suddenly he announces, at the end of their date, "I'm a married man." Though of course he is "separated and can't possibly get a divorce"- whatever that means- but she's heard that one before. They back off for about 45 seconds. Then the affair begins.

It goes on for a while, and I don't like that kind of thing, even if they are separated. But then Anna learns a very important secret about Phillip that changes everything.

Watch it!

This was the first time I had seen Ingrid Bergman in color! Of course, I had only seen her in 2 films: Casablanca and Notorious. (Notorious also stars Cary Grant, and I love it! It's probably my favorite Hitchcock. But that's for another day.) It was good to see these two together on screen again. Two of my favorite actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment