THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Prince and the Showgirl, 1957


Director: Laurence Olivier
Stars: Laurence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe










It's not as great as it sounds. What a title, though! "The Prince and the Showgirl"!! (Can I get an Amen?) I was waiting for something to happen the whole time, but nothing really did. The Prince sees her in a play, invites her over for dinner, tries to seduce her, and she laughs at him because he really is completely ridiculous. Nobody would like this character- he has no redeeming qualities, so it's kind of bizarre that she actually does end up falling for him later. And they spend a very long time at a coronation, and I just didn't care. And Netflix claims it's romantic, but I found no romance anywhere. So, there you go. Watch this if you are a Marilyn Monroe fan, because she's absolutely gorgeous, as well as entertaining, especially when she's a bit tipsy. But otherwise, I see no point. I'm glad I was keeping busy as I watched it.

I hate giving bad reviews! This stinks! But that's life. Not every movie can be like "Back to the Future", you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment