THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 3 April 2011

The Tourist, 2010

Stars Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp
Director Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck

This was an enjoyable film! I heard that it had a Hitchcock feel to it, and it most definitely did, feeling most like North By Northwest, in my opinion. A man in mistaken for someone else and helps a woman spy accomplish her mission. Oops! Did I give anything away? In fact, that is very much the story line; the only thing The Tourist is missing is the drunk driving bit and Mount Rushmore!

I'm kidding. But really, if spy movies are your thing, this one is lovely. Romance, adventure, action, suspense, drama.... Definitely worth watching again, without a doubt. In fact, if you didn't guess the ending, I would say you almost MUST watch it again, this time with the ending in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment