THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

The More the Merrier, 1943

Stars Jean Arthur, Joel McCrea, and Charles Coburn

Director George Stevens

The scene is Washington, D.C. during World War II. There's a housing shortage and Miss Millegan (Arthur) decided to sublet her apartment to help out. She ends up with two roommates, a young handsome one, and an old millionaire-matchmaker. I'd like to mention that I absolutely ADORE classic movies! They leave a me with a great, happy feeling. Most of the time. But to be honest, like any decade and any film genre, the classics have their stupid movies as well.

This one had a cute story line, at least I think so; any time you have people sharing a house in film you get some cute situations. Or you should. But so much more could have been done to make this romantic and sweet! Instead, Jean Arthur's character spent a good portion of the movie crying! I totally understand this, because I am a girl. But we don't put it in movies! Not that much, anyway. I'm not a film expert, but in my humble opinion, this one is kind of dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment