THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, 2011


Director: Rob Marshall
Stars: Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane









My brother and I saw this the other day. I normally prefer to pretend that Pirates 1 is the only Pirates movie out there, because I HATED the sequels. (Way to go, ruining a great story!) But then I heard Penelope Cruz was in this one, and, in general, Johnny Depp wouldn't do anything too stupid, right? (Well, he was in Pirates 2 and 3, so maybe that logic doesn't work....)

It was ok! A big adventure in search of the Fountain of Youth. There's a little bit of romance, or at least sexual tension, between the leads Cruz and Depp. Geoffrey Rush returns as Barbosa, and Ian McShane as Blackbeard. How many more famous pirates or legends are there to do? They've got Blackbeard, and Davy Jones, and this film even has mermaids, which, by the way, are apparently evil creatures that lure men out of their boats and then drag them to the bottom of the sea! The Little Mermaid never said anything about this!!! I'm never going swimming again!

I didn't mean to make the review sound dumb. I really thought it was cute. It was a fun, pirate-adventure-high seas movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment