THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 8 May 2011

The American President, 1995


Director: Rob Reiner
Stars: Michael Douglas, Annette Bening, Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox









Okay, a film about the President! And with environmental issues too!

Climate change and gun control aside, I loved it! (Those were some of the top issues they were discussing, and I didn't like their end decisions; luckily these didn't really take center stage, so I overlooked it.) This movie is really about a widowed President who tries to balance his love life and his job, and all the complications that arise with that. All in all, great movie, because where Michael Douglas is concerned, are we ever in fear of being disappointed? (Ok, so maybe I am partial to Michael because I fell in love with him in Romancing the Stone....and I haven't seen too many of his movies, but whatever, he's brilliant!)

Also, Rob Reiner, the director, is pretty cool. He did Alex and Emma and, of course, The Princess Bride, one of the best films ever made. (Don't even argue!) And I loved him in Sleepless in Seattle, although he didn't direct that one; but he was very funny! That's all I have to say, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment