THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Ocean's Eleven, 1960


Director: Lewis Milestone
Stars: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peter Lawford, Sammy Davis Jr, and many others!








Sorry, Frank. I liked George's version better.

I watched the original (this one) after I had already seen the remake (2001). I don't know how you could like this one better, to be honest. For the first 45 minutes, this one was truly lame. Nothing was happening. But when the guys finally got together to hear about Ocean's plan (literally about 45 minutes in- I am not exaggerating), things picked up and it got good! But I almost quit watching it in the beginning. Get through those lame 45 minutes, and it's totally fine.

Call me crazy, but I loved the ending. I would have loved it better if there was something the audience didn't know, like where the money really was-- but I did love it anyway.

I also adored Peter Lawford! Man, just his voice makes me feel weak in the knees! If he winked at me, I don't know what I'd do.

Note: Check out the sign behind Sammy at the very end. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment