THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 12 May 2011

My Fellow Americans, 1996


Director: Peter Segal
Stars: Jack Lemmon, James Garner, Dan Aykroyd










Okay, just check out that cover! I love the eagle! He's so funny! I mean, as you stare at it, the eagle, with that knowing eagle-eye of his, gets funnier and funnier. Go ahead- try it!

So, former Presidents (and current enemies) Kramer (Lemmon) and Douglas (Garner), are brought together again by the current President Haney (Aykroyd), for a funeral. While they are in D.C., a scandal is discovered that took place during Kramer's administration (which was before Douglas's). But Kramer denies any part in it, and things turn dark (in a funny way, of course) when he and Douglas discover that someone is trying to set them up (something about the scandal) and kill them. To prove their innocence and escape being murdered, they set off together for Ohio, a lovely misadventure featuring helicopters, trains, and automobiles.

I could pretend that I am being vague about the scandal because I don't want to give anything away, but I honestly don't remember much about the details. It was a great comedy! Lots of great lines, Jack Lemmon and James Garner are just wonderful together. This is a guy's movie; kind of crass and rude at times. There's not too many of those parts though.

All in all, an enjoyable comedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment