THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Thursday 5 May 2011

The Mirror Crack'd, 1980

Director: Guy Hamilton
Stars: Angela Lansbury, Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor, Tony Curtis











Agatha Christie is the best-selling writer of books of all time. (Shakespeare is the best-selling writer of any kind, not books in particular. I got this info from Wikipedia.) And that is one spectacular claim!

In this one, Christie's character Miss Marple (Lansbury) solves the murders taking place at a large manor house outside her little village of St. Mary Mead. Actress Marina (Taylor) is in town filming a movie, when suddenly one of her fans is poisoned at a party. It soon comes out that Marina was the intended victim. Or maybe the killer would just have us think so....

I guess I sort of did these out of order. I should have reviewed this one first and then Murder She Wrote. Lansbury's character in Murder She Wrote, Jessica Fletcher, was based on Miss Marple, and the name even comes from one of Christie's Miss Marple novels "Murder, She Said".
"The Mirror Crack'd" was really enjoyable as a murder mystery. It kept me guessing right up until the end! (And I thought I had this mystery thing down!) I would personally rather watch Angela as Jessica than as Miss Marple, but it was still brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment