THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Sunday 29 May 2011

Pitcher and the Pin-Up, 2004


Director: Drew Johnson
Stars: Drew Johnson, Corinna Harney










This was not a very popular movie. I can tell because I looked it up on Google, and it's listed as being made in 3 different years. I'm going with what Netflix says. It also has two different titles; it's also known as "The Road Home". I like that one better; it gives it a classier feel, taking the word "pin-up" out of there.

It's an all-American love story. It's also a sports movie, of course. The style of story-telling is a bit scattered. I think I would have just gone chronological, but things tend to skip around. It's not too confusing, since I could tell where they were (or "when" they were) at all times.

Childhood friends Danny (Johnson) and Melissa (Harney) decide to take different paths in life, but their feelings for each other always bring them back together somehow. But after Melissa marries, Danny fears he's lost her forever.

That's the best I can do. It wasn't bad, I just probably will never watch it again. Yes, it had a happy ending, but the rest of the movie isn't as happy as I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment