THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, 1967


Director: David Swift
Stars: Robert Morse, Michele Lee, Rudy Vallee










James Pierpont Finch (Robert Morse), a window washer, begins reading a book that will forever change his life- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Soon he is lying and deceiving his way to the top of the World Wide Wickets Corporation, in his own wonderfully entertaining style. (Don't ask what a "wicket" is- nobody knows!)

It's BRILLIANT!

A few things I love: 1. Robert Morse's goofiness. His physical comedy is just astounding- I laugh at practically everything he does. "Groundhog!" "Finch, F-I-N-C-H" (You'll see what I mean.) 2. Finch's girl's name is Rosemary (played by Michele Lee), and he even sings a song about her entitled "Rosemary", which is just SO cool! 3. There's a song entitled "A Secretary is Not a Toy". Enough said. 4. The dancing. Wow, the choreography in the "Brotherhood of Man" number at the end literally makes me laugh OUT LOUD! I've probably said "hilarious" several times already, but it's just so true!

The list doesn't end there, but I'll stop. There's too much to love in this "feel-good" musical comedy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to look out for this! Sounds great!

    I watched a movie today I think you would like, The Spanish Main with Maureen O'Hara and Paul Henreid. It was pretty funny and it had pirates (and true love) : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going to check out the musical! Let me know what you think, because it could just be my crazy love of musicals that makes me love it. (No, it can't be- it's SO funny!)

    And I have seen The Spanish Main!!! haha, so funny! And I really liked it!! It was a couple years ago when it was on TCM once. They were having a Pirate marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete