THURSDAY MOVIE CONNECTION. Every Thursday in 2012, I am connecting movies through actors.

March is all MUSICALS!

In honor of Alfred Hitchcock's death on April 29, 1980, April is dedicated to Hitch, and all my favorites.

Saturday 14 May 2011

Three Coins in the Fountain, 1954


Director: Jean Negulesco
Stars: Clifton Webb, Jean Peters, Dorothy McGuire, Louis Jourdan,










I watched it twice!

Need I say more? No, but I will. There's something about the 50's, isn't there? Just watch a movie from the 50's. (Watch this one!) The big, detailed sets with absolutley wonderful furniture; the beautiful scenery and places; the color; the clothes! (I absolutely loved the dresses from this film! I wish they were in style now!)

Three secretaries in Rome and the tales of their romances. I don't want to give anything away, which is always my story with the good ones. This is one of those great "summer movies". Travel, new places, Italy, beautiful locations, great clothes, gorgeous people, sweet romances- is there anything else you could want in a movie?

This one is on my "to buy" list.

Thank you, Rebekah, for suggesting it!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! As soon as I get past my exam and turn in my final paper I'm getting this at the library... already checked and they have it on DVD!!! Can't wait! So glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete